Over the last 14 years, Raymetrics Greece has developed a range of highly customizable LIDARs suitable for academic uses, commercial uses (aviation, mining, heavy industry) and operational uses (meteorology, environmental). Their LIDARs are located all over the world, with systems in the USA, India, China, Africa, Brazil, Singapore, Malaysia, Germany, the UK, Romania and many more. Over the years, the company has built up an extensive client list which includes such prestigious organizations as the Met Office (UK), European Space Agency (ESA), National Environment Agency (Singapore), Direccion Meteorologica de Chile, and the German Weather Service (DWD).
Together with INOESY, Raymetrics provides in Romania Lidars for:
- Remote visibility (SVR, VOR, RVR)
- 3D / remote cloud base
- Fog detection
- Volcanic ash definitive identification
- Aerosol (and ash) layer heights
- Planetary Boundary Layer (PBL) height
- Numerical weather forecast model validation
- Aerosol loading and mixing in PBL
- Air Quality model remote data
- Remote humidity measurements.